Child Care in BC
Child care services in BC are licensed, registered licence not required or licence not required. Child care programs must be licensed if they provide care for three or more children, not related to them, at any one time.
If they are caring for more than the allowed number of children, they may be operating illegally - learn more about the types of child care services: Licensed & Unlicensed Child Care in BC
Choosing child care is an important decision. It takes time, planning and patience to find the right child care provider.
Your choice will depend on things like:
- Your child’s age
- Your schedule (what hours / days you need care)
- Whether you want child care in your home or near your home, work or school
- Your ideas about how your child should be treated and raised
- What child care is available in your community
- What your family can afford to pay
Make the best choice for you and your child:
Find Child Care
If you need financial help to pay for child care, you may be eligible for child care subsidy or a tax credit.