Timber Supply Mitigation - Spacing
This activity requires that an overall standard (FS1001), an activity-specific standard, and the process for First Nations review and comment be followed. Additional information on requirements for this activity is available in the "Guidelines and Procedures for FIA Funded Silviculture Activities".
- Silviculture Funding Criteria (PDF)
- General Standard (FS 1001) (PDF)
- Activity Specific Standard - Spacing (PDF)
- Process for Recipient Information Sharing with First Nations (PDF)
- Results Information Submission Specifications - Government Funded Silviculture Activities (PDF)
Other Related Information
- Silviculture Strategies
- Guidelines for developing stand density management regimes, 1999 (PDF)
- Spacing Guidebook
- Repression Density Treatment Decision Key
- Guidelines for Spacing of Lodgepole Pine (PDF)
- Using Silviculture to Maintain & Enhance Grizzly Bear Habitat: Pr George Forest Region (PDF)
- Recruiting Caribou Habitat Using Silviculture Treatments
If this activity occurs in a declared and known area that impacts a species or ecosystem at risk, an identified wildlife species, or a regionally important species, the applicant must indicate in their FIRS submission the specific species/ecosystem and have available, on request, the location of recovery plans and/or other documents that detail the protective measures to be taken.
For information on UWR, regionally important species, or other local issues, discuss with your contacts at the MOE regional office.