Employment Standards & Advice
Whether you’re an employee or an employer, it’s important to understand employment standards and to know where to go if you need help or advice.
- The Employment Standards Branch administers the Employment Standards Act, which ensures that employees in B.C. receive at least basic compensation and conditions of employment
- Employment Standards Tribunal can hear appeals on decisions made with regards to the Employment Standards Act
- WorkSafeBC works with affected employees that suffer from a work-related injury or disease with return-to-work rehabilitation, compensation, health care benefits and other services
- Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal hears appeals regarding decisions made by WorkSafeBC on compensation, rehabilitation and occupational health and safety
- The BC Labour Relations Board mediates and adjudicates employment and labour relations matters related to unionized workplaces