Doing Business with the Government
Sell Goods, Services and Construction to Government
Search Vendor Resources
Welcome to the B.C. government’s corporate resource for vendors who want to sell or are currently selling goods, services and construction to the Province. In this site, vendors will find a wide variety of information on how the Province engages the marketplace and manages the contracting process, such as:
- BC Bid: A marketplace where public sector organizations (including local governments, school boards, health authorities, Crown corporations and the B.C. government) advertise procurement opportunities for a wide range of goods, services and construction.
- Respond to Opportunities: What vendors should consider when making the decision whether or not to respond to an opportunity, what to expect when participating in a competitive solicitation, how to write submissions, and how to get feedback on the evaluation of submissions.
- First Time Responding: Guidance specifically written for vendors who have never responded to a competitive solicitation process before.
- Learning and Supports: Information, training and upcoming events that can help vendors navigate the procurement process and learn about the various types of funding that the Province offers.
- Contract Award: What vendors can expect when signing a contract with the Province.
- Once the Contract is Signed (coming soon): Learn about the policies and practices that apply to provincial contracts and how to maintain a positive relationship with the Province for the duration of the contract.
- Vendor Concerns & Complaints: Discover what vendors can do if they don’t agree with a decision that the Province has made about a contract or contract award, as well as how to provide feedback to improve the Province’s practices and relationships with vendors.
- BC Bid Resources: The corporate resource for provincial staff who acquire goods, services and construction from contractors.
These web pages on the Doing Business With Government, Sell Goods, Services and Construction to Government website (referred to collectively as the “Website”) are provided, subject to this disclaimer, as general information only. The Website’s organization, design and all information, text, artwork, images, pictures, hyperlinks and all other matters, templates and forms referred to in or linked to the Website (referred to as “Content”) are provided to vendors and any other third parties on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. All implied warranties, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby expressly disclaimed including as to the Content or the operation, reliability or quality of the Website or any website(s), hyperlinks or forms linked or referred to in the Website. The Content may be or may become inaccurate or incomplete, and particular facts unique to your situation may render the Content inapplicable or incorrect for your situation. The Content is not legal, business or accounting advice and any vendor contemplating participating in a solicitation or entering into a contract with the Province of British Columbia should make such further inquiries as they deem necessary to fully inform themselves about the applicable solicitation and contracting process(es), including consulting, as deemed necessary by them, with their business, legal, accounting and other advisors. No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created between the Province of British Columbia and any person accessing or otherwise using any of the Content.