B.C.'s response to floods and mudslides

B.C. is taking action to help people, businesses and infrastructure recover from floods and mudslides. 

Last updated: January 20, 2022

Travel information

Highway 5 is open to all traffic.

B.C. residents who need to travel to or through the U.S. for essential reasons are exempt from COVID-19 testing and quarantine.

I was evacuated from my community

Eligible households affected by flooding and extreme weather can contact the Red Cross for:

  • Emergency support services (ESS)
  • Personalized recovery support
  • $2000 in one-time financial assistance

Call 1-800-863-6582 Daily, 8 am to 8 pm (PDT) or visit a location

My home or business was damaged

Apply for financial assistance to pay for sudden, unexpected and uninsurable losses.

People who are eligible:

  • Home owners and residential tenants
  • Charitable organizations
  • Small business owners
  • Farm owners

Supports are available for businesses affected by floods.

My farm was flooded

The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries urges all livestock producers directly impacted by floods to contact their local industry association.

AgriServiceBC is here to help. Call 1-888-221-7141.

Lost personal documents

You may be able to replace lost personal documents for free.

Help with insurance and utilities

Get help with:

Health resources


Learn how you can support recovery efforts in B.C. communities. 

How you can help

Information in additional languages

I need help

Phone the call centre if you have questions or need help. Translators are available.

Call: 1-833-376-2452 Daily, 7:30 am to 5 pm (PDT)

Telephone for the Deaf: Dial 711

Video Relay Services (VRS) provides sign language interpretation free for registered deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired people.