B.C.'s response to floods and mudslides
Heavy rain and severe weather is expected across B.C.
B.C. is taking action to help people, businesses and infrastructure recover from floods and mudslides.
Last updated: November 26, 2021
Get $2000 from the Canadian Red Cross
You're eligible if your primary residence was placed on evacuation order due to the flooding and extreme weather event November 14 to 16, 2021.
Travel and fuel
- Temporary restrictions on vehicle fuel and travel
- Current road advisories
- Current marine travel advisories
B.C. residents who need to travel to or through the US for essential reasons are exempt from COVID-19 testing and quarantine.
I was evacuated from my community
- Self-register for emergency support services (ESS)
- Find a reception centre to complete your ESS registration
- What to do at different stages of evacuation
- Steps to recovering after a flood from Emergency Management BC
My home or business was damaged
Apply for financial assistance to pay for sudden, unexpected and uninsurable losses.
People who are eligible:
- Home owners and residential tenants
- Charitable organizations
- Small business owners
- Farm owners
My farm was flooded
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries urges all livestock producers directly impacted by floods to contact their local industry association.
- Emergency support resources and information for producers
- Find out if you're eligible for livestock relocation assistance
- Access mental wellness supports
AgriServiceBC is here to help. Call 1-888-221-7141.
Lost personal documents
You may be able to replace lost personal documents for free.
- Apply for disaster financial assistance
- Get emergency updates from the First Nations' Emergency Services Society
- Apply for federal funding for emergency recovery on reserves and modern treaty settlements
- KUU-US Crisis Society provides 24-7 crisis support for Indigenous youth and elders and Mètis people
Phone the call centre if you have questions or need help.
Call: 1-833-376-2452 Seven days a week, 7:30 am to 5 pm (PDT) | Translators are available
Telephone for the Deaf: Dial 711
Video Relay Services (VRS) provides sign language interpretation free for registered deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired people.
Learn how you can support recovery efforts in B.C. communities.