Highway 97 - Peachland Transportation Study - Community Engagement
Public and stakeholder engagement is an essential part of the Peachland Transportation Study.
How will feedback be considered?
Input from the community engagement activities will be considered, along with technical data, government priorities and other information in evaluating options to meet future transportation needs of the area.
Public open houses have been held for key milestones during the study, and feedback opportunities continue to be available via email throughout the study. The next major engagement milestone is expected in Winter 2018-19.
Public Open House - November 21, 2016
The purpose of this open house was to share several possible options to improve the existing corridor, as well as options using an alternate route, to obtain public input on issues, opportunities and concerns to be considered in the evaluation process.
- Open House Display Boards (PDF, 7MB)
- Consultation Companion, containing addition information and context (PDF, 9MB)
- Public Open House November 21, 2016 Engagement Report (PDF, 2MB)
Public Open House – June 21, 2016
A public open house was held June 21, 2016. Results of the fact-finding phase of the study were presented and stakeholders were invited to identify issues, opportunities and concerns to be considered when potential options are explored.
- Open House Display Boards (PDF 11MB)
- Consultation Companion (PDF, 7MB, containing additional information and context)
- Public Open House June 21, 2016 Engagement Report (PDF, 1MB)
Local Government and Stakeholder Engagement
The study team has met with Peachland Council, District planning and engineering staff, and a Technical Advisory Committee which includes planning and engineering representatives from Peachland, Regional District of Central Okanagan, area First Nations and BC Transit.
Community Liaison Committee
The Community Liaison Committee was established to reflect a cross-section of the Peachland Community, and it met five times since being established in early 2016. Current members include:
- Three members of the public at large, elected by attendees at a public town hall meeting in January 2016
- One member appointed by Peachland Council
- One member appointed by the Peachland Chamber of Commerce
- One member appointed by the Highway 97 Task Force Society
- A volunteer from the environmental sector
- A volunteer from the commercial transportation sector