Westside Road - West Kelowna to Highway 97 North of Vernon
The ministry has been making ongoing safety improvements along the west side of Okanagan Lake from West Kelowna to Highway 97 near O'Keefe Ranch (approximately 65 km).
Existing conditions include minimal shoulder width, inadequate ditch width for drainage and debris catchment, uneven pavement and inadequate room for roadside barrier. Traffic volumes range from 1,500 vehicles per day near Fintry to 4,000 vehicles per day south of Bear Creek Provincial Park (during summer months).
The safety improvements have been guided by ongoing community group input from the Westside Road Improvement Committee and Wilson Landing Committee.
- Completed (Four Mile Creek to Waterfront Farm)
- Completed (Waterfront Farm to Blue Grouse)
- Completed (La Casa to Muir Road)
- Investigations and Design (Pine Point to Four Mile Creek)
- Improve reliability
- Shift the alignment to a more stable location
- Protect against steep drops to Okanagan Lake
- Increase road and shoulder width to improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Pine Point to Four Mile Creek - design has been completed in preparation for future funding and construction
- Public consultation presentation (PDF, 6MB)
- Pine Point to Four Mile Creek Aerial Photo (PDF, 10MB)
- Four Mile Creek to Waterfront Farm Aerial Photo (PDF, 10MB)
- La Casa to Muir Road Aerial Photo (PDF, 6MB)