Highway 97 - John Hindle Drive Extension
Building upon previous work done by the City of Kelowna, this project includes the construction of the final segment of John Hindle Drive, connecting Glenmore Landfill with UBC Okanagan Campus. The Connection is approximately 1.8 km long.
The project includes:
- Connecting John Hindle Drive from the Glenmore Landfill to UBC Okanagan Campus at Alumni Avenue (1.8 km)
- Construction of a separated multi-use pathway from Glenmore Road to Hollywood Road (2.8 km)
- A new signal and intersection at Upper Campus Way and Academy Way
- Accommodation for access to agricultural land
- This is Phase 3 of the John Hindle Drive (Phase 1 and 2 were completed by the City of Kelowna)
Construction began in spring 2017.
John Hindle Drive will improve driver safety and travel times by:
- Providing alternative access to UBC Okanagan Campus and Kelowna Airport
- Reducing congestion and travel times along Highway 97, in conjunction with the Highway 97 six-laning improvements from Highway 33 to Edwards Road, by providing an alternate connection to Glenmore Road
- Improving network connectivity and increasing mobility
Construction is anticipated to finish in summer 2018.
An open house was held, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, at the Four Points by Sheraton Airport Hotel, 5505 Airport Way, Kelowna.
The following materials were presented to the public: