Highway 16 - Mile 28 - Daumont Level Crossing
Construction of the full scope of the Highway 16 - Mile 28 - Daumont Level Crossing project has been deferred to a later date. Safety enhancements will proceed during summer 2019. See for more information.
The final project design is complete and ready to use for construction at a later date.The Mile 28 Level Rail Crossing just outside Terrace is the last level rail crossing on Highway 16, which runs from Prince Rupert to the Alberta border.
Travellers along Highway 16 will soon benefit from a $5 million project to enhance safety at the Mile 28 Level Rail Crossing. This project, scheduled to start summer 2019, will include:
- Speed reader boards to be installed to provide advanced warning to slow down
- Installation of new luminaries at the crossing
- Upgrades to guardrails to meet new engineering standards
- Upgrades to advance flashing signs
- Brushing along CN Rail right of way for improved sightlines
- Upgrades to all static signs for improved reflectivity
The grade separation and highway alignment aspects of the Mile 28 Daumont Level Crossing project has been deferred to a later date due to escalating project costs.
The final project design is complete and ready to use for construction at a later date.