Highway 4 - Kennedy Hill Safety Improvements - Traffic Advisories
Learn about traffic advisories for the Highway 4 - Kennedy Hill Safety Improvements project on Vancouver Island.
Current Travel Advisories
Check the sources in the Current Travel Advisories box for up-to-date information.
Find the latest project closure schedule on our contractor Emil Anderson Construction’s Facebook page.
Traffic Mitigation Guidelines
The following general guidelines and traffic stoppage schedule are provided to allow you to plan your travels. These may differ from the information issued by the contractor due to changing requirements of the project. Check the Current Travel Advisories for up-to-date information.
- Majority of the rock blasting and traffic stoppages are planned during the night to minimize traffic disruptions, but some traffic stoppages are required for “daylight critical” activities like rock scaling.
- Nightly traffic stoppages are permitted year round as per the stoppages schedule below.
- Two midday 1 hour stoppages permitted during off-peak season, and Single Lane Alternating Traffic (SLAT) is permitted year round between 7am and 10pm.
- SLAT may result in up to 30 minute delays during peak traffic periods during the day.
- No traffic stoppages are permitted on Friday evenings between 10pm and midnight. First nighttime stoppage to occur between 1am and 4am on Friday nights.
- No traffic stoppages are permitted during long weekends, including the day before or after (SLAT will still be in effect).
June 15 - September 15
|midnight - 1am||Open||Open|
|1am - 2am||Stoppage||Stoppage|
|2am - 3am||Stoppage||Stoppage|
|3am - 4am||Stoppage||Stoppage|