Highway 4 - Kennedy Hill Safety Improvements - Traffic Advisories
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Help us focus on what matters most to you.
What's great and where can we improve?
Learn about traffic advisories for the Highway 4 - Kennedy Hill Safety Improvements project on Vancouver Island.
Check the sources in the Current Travel Advisories box for up-to-date information. The following are planned traffic stoppage conditions for the duration of the project.
- Majority of the rock blasting and traffic stoppages are planned during the night to minimize traffic disruptions, but some traffic stoppages are required for “daylight critical” activities like rock scaling.
- Nightly traffic stoppages are permitted year round as per the stoppages schedule below.
- Two midday 1 hour stoppages permitted during off-peak season, and Single Lane Alternating Traffic (SLAT) is permitted year round between 7am and 10pm.
- SLAT may result in up to 30 minute delays during peak traffic periods during the day.
- No traffic stoppages are permitted on Friday evenings between 10pm and midnight. First nighttime stoppage to occur between 1am and 4am on Friday nights.
- No traffic stoppages are permitted during long weekends, including the day before or after (SLAT will still be in effect).
June 15 - September 15
|midnight - 1am||Open||Open|
|1am - 2am||Stoppage||Stoppage|
|2am - 3am||Stoppage||Stoppage|
|3am - 4am||Stoppage||Stoppage|