Highway 14 - Corridor Improvements
The Highway 14 - Corridor Improvements program will contribute to a safer and more reliable connection between the Veterans Memorial Parkway in Langford, west through the communities of Sooke and Jordan River, and all the way to Port Renfrew.
Highway 14 is an essential connection for people and the economy on southern Vancouver Island and the Province has accelerated upgrades along the corridor to make life easier for South Island commuters. Find out more about these upgrades to Highway 14.
- three new bus pullouts on both sides of Highway 14 – completed
- new safety signs at three locations – completed
- new rest area at Sombrio Beach – completed
- new highway line painting – completed
- slow-moving vehicle pullout east of Muir Creek – completed
- new two-lane bridge on Gillespie Road – completed
- Sooke River Road intersection upgrades – scheduled for completion in summer 2019
$10 million for the immediately accelerated upgrades that have been announced.
Ensures everyone, whether drivers, cyclists, pedestrians or transit users, can move around the Capital Regional District quickly and safely whatever their preferred travel mode.
An open house was held on June 19, 2018, at the Edward Milne Community School to provide an opportunity for the public to ask questions and provide feedback on future improvement priorities along the corridor.
Approximately 143 people attended the open house, and during the engagement period over 700 feedback submissions were received.
Information session materials: