Highway 14 - Corridor Improvements
The Highway 14 - Corridor Improvements program will contribute to a safer and more reliable connection between the Veterans Memorial Parkway in Langford, west through the communities of Sooke and Jordan River, and all the way to Port Renfrew.
Highway 14 is an essential connection for people and the economy on southern Vancouver Island and the Province has accelerated upgrades along the corridor to make life easier for South Island commuters. Find out more about these upgrades to Highway 14.
Immediate upgrades are underway for the first of multiple phases of safety, transit and congestion improvements along the corridor:
- Bus pullouts on both sides of Highway 14 at the West Shore Parkway, Laidlaw Road and Harbourview Road intersections (six pullouts in total) will be opened shortly
- A bus-queue jump lane at Jacklin Road is in design
- New safety signs at three locations (Kangaroo Road, Gillespie Road, and Parkland Road) have been installed
- A slow-moving vehicle pullout east of Muir Creek, between Sooke and French Beach is in development with construction later this summer
- A new rest area at the Sombrio lookout is in design with construction occurring this summer
- A new two-lane bridge on Gillespie Road, which is an important alternative route to Highway 14 is now under construction
- Major intersection upgrades at Sooke River Road are in design
- Resurfacing of Otter Point Rd is in development with construction to occur this summer
$10 million for the immediately accelerated upgrades that have been announced.
Ensures everyone, whether drivers, cyclists, pedestrians or transit users, can move around the Capital Regional District quickly and safely whatever their preferred travel mode.
An open house will be held to provide an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on future improvements along the corridor.
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Edward Milne High School
Upper Commons Area
6218 Sooke Road
- View the information session presentation materials
- Read the engagement materials and submit an online feedback form