Williams Lake I.R. to Lexington
This Cariboo Connector project stretches from the Williams Lake I.R. to Lexington Road.
The project includes the following improvements:
- Upgrading 6.2 km of Highway 97 to a four-lane highway
- Intersection improvements at Peters Drive, Chief Will Yum Gas Bar and the Mission Road and Moose Drive intersections
- Improving the safety and access at Lexington Road and Sutton Road by eliminating the at-grade intersections and replacing them with a grade separated intersection to the east
- Repositioning of pedestrian underpass
Construction was delayed by the 2017 Cariboo wildfires. The project is now scheduled for completion in Spring 2019.
- Increase safety by improving alignment
- Increase capacity of Highway 97 from two lanes to four lanes
- Improve highway access by balancing the economic development objectives of the community with the mobility and safety objectives of minimizing and consolidating direct highway access points
- Minimize project environmental impacts through thoughtful design, appropriate mitigation of impacts and compensation where impacts cannot be mitigated
- Provide a product that will meet the needs and expectations of the users and the local community.
Public Consultation & Design
Public consultation is finished for this project.