Quartz Road to Dragon Lake
This 2.8 km portion of highway 97 was originally identified as a possible passing lane. It is now part of the Cariboo Connector and will be realigned and four-laned to complete 8.5 km of continuous four-lane highway.
Dragon Lake Road to Quartz Road project is located 2.5 km south of Quesnel in a rural zone.
Construction and rehabilitation include:
- Upgrade 2.8 km of Highway 97 to a four-lane highway with a 2.6 m wide centre median
- Realign Sales Road intersection and provide left-turn lanes and lighting at Sales Road and Campsite Road intersections
- Improved access management, drainage, delineation, safety and sight lines
- Public consultation ongoing
- First Nation consultation ongoing
- Utility coordination ongoing
- Construction beginning in 2015
- Scheduled completion, fall 2016
Public Consultation & Design
Public consultation is ongoing for this project.