Bunce Road to Blackwater Road, Highway 16
The Bunce Road to Blackwater Road improvement project is located on Highway 16 West within the Prince George city limits.
The project includes:
- Roughly 3.4 km of new four-laning from Bunce Road to east of Jensen Road west of Prince George
- Intersection upgrades at:
- Bunce-Gauthier Roads and Highway 16
- Haldi Road and Highway 16
- Blackwater Road-Sykes Roads West and East and Highway 16
- Installation of permanent centre-line median on highway for improved safety
- Traffic changes to Buckingham Road and Purdue Road West
- Signalization of intersection of BlackwaterRoad-Sykes Roads West and East and Highway 16
This project will reduce congestion, as well as provide safer opportunities for merging, exiting, and passing. The completion of this project will extend the continuous four-laning of Highway 16 that begins before the Highway 16 and 97 intersection.
- Public consultation – ongoing
- First Nation consultation – ongoing
- Utility coordination – ongoing
- Project goes to tender, January 2017
- Construction beginning spring / summer 2017
Relocation works have begun for this project.
Public Consultation & Design
Public consultation is ongoing for this project.