Design Build Specifications for Highway Construction 2004-2009
Standard specifications for highway construction serves as a standard reference in construction contracts.
The specifications set forth minimum requirements which are consistent with the current practice. Certain modifications necessary to suit local conditions are specified in special provisions of the contracts.
- Design Build Standard Specifications 2009 Volume 1
(PDF, 18 MB)
- Design Build Standard Specifications 2009 Volume 2
(PDF, 26 MB)
- Special Provisions Appendix for Amendments to the 2009 Design Build Standard Specifications for Highway Construction
- DBSS SP 415.02.02 Manufacture and Erection of Precast and Precast Prestressed Concrete Members
- DBSS SP 635-1.1.27 (16-25M REINFORCING STEEL BARS) changed to (20M REINFORCING STEEL BARS ON BOTTOM) see amended drawing (Page 39 of 268)
- DBSS SP 635-3.1.1 Electrical and Signing
Design Build SECTION 415 Manufacture and Erection of Precast and Prestressed Concrete Members, Suggested Organization Chart on page 14 has been revised
Design Build SECTION 421 Structural Steel Work, Suggested Organization Chart on p. 14 has been revised
- Design Build Standard Specifications 2006
(PDF, 5 MB)
* NOTE NOTICE TO MINISTRY STAFF AND CONTRACTORS DESIGN BUILD STANDARD SPECIFICATION (February 20, 2006) SECTION 211 PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE
Page 1 of 23 - The right hand column of page one is out of order. The top of the right hand column "materials, mix design proportioning, sampling and testing of the materials and concrete, batching, mixing, transporting, placement, finishing and curing. The Contractor shall supply all necessary materials." Along with "Section 211.02 Applicable Standards. The standards listed in Table 211-A shall apply unless specified otherwise herein. All referenced standards shall be to the current editions at time of Award." should continue with section 211.01 General (left hand column) before Table 211-A Applicable Standards.
The remaining portion of the right column, starting with "submit a report outlining the proposed mix design for each classification of concrete to the Ministry……" returns to continue with 211.03.04 after the text "The Designer shall"…