Apply for BikeBC Funding
Thank you for your interest in BikeBC. The 2019/20 application period has now closed.
Local Governments (municipalities, Regional Districts and First Nations) may apply if the proposed project meets the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
A separate application package must be completed for each project. All applications must be completed in full and submitted with mandatory supporting documentation as listed below. Applicants should be aware that information collected is subject to provincial freedom of information legislation.
Ensure you have completed all the steps required to apply. Refer to these guidelines and complete the following:
- Application Form: The 2019/20 application period is now closed and the Application Forms are no longer available
- Other Mandatory Materials: Please include cross sectional drawings: Examples of Cross Sectional Drawings (PDF)
- Optional Documents: You may submit any other supporting documentation that may help with the assessment process (e.g. results of public consultation, letters of support)
E-mail completed application package to MoTCycling@gov.bc.ca (this is the only acceptable e-mail address). The application package must be received by February 18, 2019 (11:59 pm).
Late applications will not be accepted.
Note: the receiving e-mail system cannot accept zip files and cannot accept any e-mail that exceeds 10 MB in total size (e-mail plus all attachments). If your application plus supporting documentation exceeds 10 MB, please submit the application via multiple e-mails clearly marked in the subject line (e.g., "Community name-Project Title- 1 of 2" and "Community name-Project Title-Project 2 of 2"). To ensure that your application package has been received (particularly applicable to large files), please request a "read/delivery receipt".
Proposals are selected using a priority ranking system to determine which applications best meet the program’s goals of encouraging transportation cycling, creating healthy living environments, reducing traffic congestion and greenhouse gas emissions through safe and effective cycling infrastructure.
Funding for projects is awarded based on the following:
- Community’s support for healthy living and physical fitness
- Enhance all forms of cycling
- Cost effectiveness
- Facility type
- Catchment population size
- Multimodal connections
- Proponent’s priority
- Endorsement letters
Preference will be given to projects that support Regional Cycling Corridors that help to create efficient and safe direct travel routes.