Highway 1 - Lower Lynn Improvements Project Overview
Lower Lynn Improvements will address safety, queuing and delays and will help to improve travel times along Highway 1 and the Lower Lynn Interchanges.
Highway 1 connects Metro Vancouver to the North Shore, the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal and Highway 99. It is a vital local, regional and provincial corridor for people, services and goods. Improvements will address safety, queuing and delays and will help to improve travel times along Highway 1 and the Lower Lynn Interchanges.
The Highway 1 – Lower Lynn Interchanges were designed and built over 50 years ago and are in need of upgrades or replacement. The Mountain Highway/Lynn Creek, Keith Road/Seymour Parkway and Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchanges will be upgraded in four phases.
- Mountain Highway Interchange
- Keith Road/Seymour Parkway Interchange
- Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchange
- Lynn Creek Connectivity Improvement Project
The estimated total cost for this project is $198 million. Funding for the project is being provided by the Province of B.C. ($76.7 million), Government of Canada ($66.6 million) and the District of North Vancouver ($54.7 million).
- Mountain Highway Interchange: Completed Fall 2019
- Keith Road/Seymour Parkway Interchange: Construction started – Completion Fall 2021
- Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchange: Construction started – Completion Fall 2021
- Lynn Creek Connectivity Improvement Project: Construction started – Completion Fall 2021
- Learn more about the status of projects
- Get construction updates
Safety and mobility benefits for this project:
- Improves traffic flow during peak times, reducing travel times for commuters
- Enables future improvements to Highway 1
- Provides better links between municipalities to support the local economy
- Improves safety and reduces traffic collisions by upgrading design to current engineering standards
- Promotes other modes of transportation through improved pedestrian, cycling and transit facilities
- Provides additional access on and off Highway 1 at the new Mountain Highway Interchange
- Reduces congestion and pressure on Keith Road/Seymour Parkway and Main Street/Dollarton Highway Interchanges
- Improves fish and wildlife habitat in the area through environmental rejuvenation and drainage enhancements
- The Lower Lynn Improvements are on schedule to complete in Fall 2021.
Open houses and comment periods were held in January 2016, February 2017 and April 2018.