Minister's Tourism Engagement Council
The Minister’s Tourism Engagement Council is being created to connect communities, industry and government on tourism related policies, issues and actions in a more structured and inclusive way.
The Council is an advisory group that provides advice on the issues and opportunities facing the tourism industry and informs the development and implementation of the provincial tourism strategy.
The Honourable Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, is seeking individuals to serve as members of the Minister’s Tourism Engagement Council. Members commit to providing a provincial perspective, working collaboratively and participating in a minimum of two meetings annually. Members will be compensated for travel.
The council will be comprised of up to 25 members who collectively provide:
- the broadest possible variety of participants from the tourism sector;
- knowledge of current and emerging issues affecting tourism;
- ability to formulate options or recommendations for addressing issues; and,
- knowledge of the broader tourism community.
The composition of the Council will reflect the geographic scope and broad diversity of British Columbia’s tourism sector. Applicants may be appointed from one or more of the following components of tourism:
- Tourism and related sector businesses;
- Sub-sectors of tourism such as adventure tourism, agri-tourism, ski resorts, etc.
- Cultural, recreation, sport or arts organizations linked to tourism;
- Indigenous tourism;
- Tourism labour organizations;
- Industry associations; and,
- Local or regional destination marketing organizations.
For more detail about the Council, see the attached information from the Crown Agencies and Board Resourcing Office. If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period for the Minister's Tourism Engagement Council ended on Monday, March 19, 2018. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. The Ministry will be in contact once the submissions have been reviewed.