What's New in Taxes & Tax Credits
Learn about recent updates to B.C. provincial tax policy and programs.
Visit the What’s New page for each tax category:
- Sales Taxes – provincial sales tax, motor fuel tax, carbon tax, tobacco tax
- Income Taxes – personal income tax, corporate income tax, insurance premium tax, logging tax, international business activity
- Property Taxes – rural property tax, property transfer tax, home owner grant, property tax deferment, school tax
- Speculation and Vacancy Tax – The speculation and vacancy tax is a part of government's 30-Point Plan to make housing more affordable for people in our province
- Mining Taxes – mineral tax, mineral land tax, mine inspection fee
- Oil & Gas Royalties and Taxes – oil and natural gas royalties, freehold production tax, commission levy, orphan site reclamation fund tax
- Employer Health Tax The employer health tax is an annual tax that B.C. employers may have to pay beginning January 2019
Subscribe for updates
When you subscribe to our update service, we email you each time the information you subscribe to is updated. To subscribe, open the What’s New page you would like to follow and click on the Subscribe button.
Manage your subscriptions
If you are already a subscriber, you can view your subscriptions or unsubscribe.
To update your email address, send an email to RPDWEB@Victoria1.gov.bc.ca. Please include both your old and new email address and we will update it on our system.