Refunds for Speculation and Vacancy Tax
You're eligible for a refund of the speculation and vacancy tax if:
- you overpaid the tax, or
- the tax was paid in error (e.g. you paid the tax but learn you qualified for exemption)
If you're eligible for a refund, you can either:
- Leave a credit balance on your account toward any speculation and vacancy tax you may owe next year.
- Request a refund by emailing us at email@example.com Please be sure to enter "Refund" on the subject line and include the following information:
- Your full name
- The property address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The date and Letter ID on your Statement of Account
- The reason for the credit balance
- Your mailing address (your refund will be mailed to this address)
Contact us if you have any questions about speculation and vacancy tax refunds.