Refunds for Speculation and Vacancy Tax

You're eligible for a refund of the speculation and vacancy tax if:

  • you overpaid the tax, or
  • the tax was paid in error (e.g. you paid the tax but learn you qualified for exemption)

If you're eligible for a refund, you can either:

  1. Leave a credit balance on your account toward any speculation and vacancy tax you may owe next year.
  2. Request a refund by emailing us at  Please be sure to enter "Refund" on the subject line and include the following information:
  • Your full name
  • The property address
  • Your phone number
  • Your email address
  • The date and Letter ID on your Statement of Account
  • The reason for the credit balance
  • Your mailing address (your refund will be mailed to this address)

Contact us if you have any questions about speculation and vacancy tax refunds.