BC-15, Petroleum and Natural Gas Remittance Advice

The BC-15 explains how to allocate royalty payments you make.

You can allocate your payments to:

  • each reporting entity (REN) for a specific production period
  • your interest account
  • your penalty account
  • your estimate account

You can use the estimator form if you are determining an estimate for a small or medium sized gas company. Estimates must be within 10% of the actual amount you owe each month, otherwise you will be charged interest on the full percentage difference.

Note: Companies are responsible for their own estimates as we are not able to verify estimates.

You can also use the BC-15 to transfer an overpayment or credit from a previous production period:

  • Overpayments are placed into a cash suspense account that can be used against the total amounts owing under the same client code
  • Road or summer drilling credits can only be applied against REN balances

Due Date

You must submit a BC-15 form every time you submit a payment. New companies must submit a paper copy of the BC-15 when reporting for the first time.

You must file your BC-15 by the last day of the month you submitted the payment. However, your payment is due by the 25th day of the month.

If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, the due date is the next business day.

If you file your reports or make a payment after the due date, you may be charged late filing penalties, interest or both.

Submit online

Submit by email

Submit printed report


If you need to amend your BC-15, you will have to resubmit the entire form. Please read the guidelines (PDF) for further instructions.

Keep working papers and supporting documentation until you obtain written permission for their disposal in the event that you are audited.

If you have any questions, email us at Oil&GasRoyaltyQuestions@gov.bc.ca.