File Reports for Oil & Gas Royalties & Taxes
Both operators and producers file reports necessary to calculate the amount of royalties or taxes due.
Each month you will receive a monthly client statement that outlines all of your transactions that occurred during the previous month. This will help you keep track of your activities so you can complete your monthly reports accurately or submit amendments as needed.
Guidelines for how to amend your reports are included with most form instructions. You must submit any amended reports within 72 months of the producing month.
Some forms require the entire form to be re-submitted. Other forms will only need to be re-sumbitted with the changed information.
All reports you file are validated through information available from other sources. If a discrepancy occurs, we will contact you to discuss and resolve the issue.
Find out which production reports you may need to file:
Find out which allocation/balance reports you may need to file:
BC-15, Petroleum and Natural Gas Remittance Advice
BC-19, Monthly Natural Gas Plant and Processing Statement
BC-35, Crude Oil and Condensate Monthly Pipeline Statement
BC-36, Monthly Treating Plant Statement
Find out which sales reports you may need to file:
Find out which change reports you may need to file:
To obtain the facility linkage change form, contact the Oil and Gas Commission.
If the following reports are filed after the due date, the operator or producer responsible for filing the report will be charged:
$20 per day to a maximum of $6,000:
- BC-S1, Monthly Production Statement
- BC-S2, Monthly Disposition Statement
- BC-08, Natural Gas and By-Product Producer Allocations Report
- BC-09, Monthly Oil Sales Statement
- BC-11, Notice of Commencement or Suspension of Operations
- BC-12, Reporting Interest Statement (if one or more interests in oil or natural gas production are reported)
- BC-15, Petroleum and Natural Gas Remittance
- Producer price - Natural gas sales invoices and purchases and sales of gathering, processing and transportation services
$100 per month up to a maximum of $6,000:
- BC-12, Reporting Interest Statement (if no interests in oil production are reported)
- BC-35, Crude Oil and Condensate Monthly Pipeline Statement
- BC-36, Monthly Treating Plant Statement
You must keep copies of your reports for at least 72 months from the date you submit them in the event that you're audited.
After 72 months, you must have written permission from the Minister before you dispose of any records.