Help Centre for Oil & Natural Gas
Oil and Gas Royalties and Freehold Production Tax
Royalties or freehold production taxes apply when you produce, process, transport, store, purchase or sell oil or natural gas in B.C.
- What do I need to do when operations at a well are suspended or commence?
- What do I need to do if the royalty ownership of a well changes?
- Where can I find the codes I need to complete my report?
- How do I get a client code?
- How do I file and pay royalties?
- When are my reports due?
- What are my payment options?
- How does the validation and audit process work?
Oil and Gas Commission Levy
Oil and natural gas producers pay an Oil and Gas Commission Levy to fund the B.C. Oil and Gas Commission (OGC).
- Why do I pay the levy?
- When is my payment due?
- How do I pay the levy?
- What happens if I am late paying the levy?
- What is a '13-month adjustment'?