The creative sector is an important part of British Columbia’s economy. The B.C. government and its independent creative agencies continue to invest in B.C.’s creative economy by supporting arts and culture, film, television, music, publishing, and the interactive and digital media industries.
Working closely with the sector, we are promoting the value of creativity, encouraging cooperation, and driving innovation, productivity and entrepreneurship. Growing B.C.’s creative economy is attracting new investment and creating new jobs for British Columbians.
Here’s how we are achieving success:
- $60 million in provincial funding for artists and arts and culture organizations in 2017-18.
- $350,000 for the International Presence Program.
- $15 million for the BC Music Fund.
- Competitive tax credits for film, television and interactive digital media.
- About $720,000 in funding and $3.2 million in tax credits for B.C.’s book publishing industry
- $1.75 million in provincial funding for scholarships and job experience in the cultural sector.
- Ongoing support for the province’s world-class digital media industry, generating $3 billion annually.