Fixed and Rotary Wing Aviation Resources
The BC Wildfire Service has provincial contracts for five rotary wing aircraft. The remaining aviation resources are solicited in early spring through BC Bid using a Master Standing Offer (MSO).
This MSO outlines standards to meet (e.g. minimum pilot qualifications, required equipment, automated flight following) for pre-qualification and approval for the Select List of aviation resources. The Select List is valid from April 1st to March 31st of the following year (i.e. one year). The Ministry of Forests, Range and Natural Resource Operations and ministries of the natural resource sector are invited to use this list for subsequent solicitation for acquisition of aviation services.
Standard procurement processes are established by the BC Wildfire Service, although it is possible to customize processes and incorporate some specific rates as negotiated by individual business areas and consistent with government procurement policies.
For further information on aircraft carrier procurement processes please contact aviation operations at the Provincial Wildfire Coordination Centre at BCWS.PWCCaviation@gov.bc.ca
Mobile Aviation Fuel
Annually, in early spring, the BC Wildfire Service posts a Standing Offer for Mobile Aviation Fuel Services to BC Bid for procurement of mobile aviation fuel services. Suppliers detail their equipment and services offered, which are evaluated by the BC Wildfire Service for future use until March 31st of the following year.
The provision of fuel services is coordinated by aviation operations at the Provincial Wildfire Coordination Centre. Any questions should be directed to BCWS.PWCCaviation@gov.bc.ca
- RSO Mobile Fuel
- SO Mobile Fuel
- Appendix A - Equipment and Services
- Appendix B - Confirmation of Mandatory Minimums Fuel and Equipment
- Appendix C - Mobile Aviation Fuel Inspection Report Pg 1.(PDF)
- Appendix C - Mobile Aviation Fuel Inspection Report Pg 2. (PDF)
- Appendix D - Certificate of Insurance
- Appendix E - Radio Access Form
- Appendix I – FS 1464 Service Request for Mobile Aviation Fuel (PDF)
- Appendix II – FS1465 Amendment to Service Request for Mobile Fuel (PDF)
- Appendix III – Specimen Mobile Aviation Fuel Service Log (PDF)
- Appendix IV Mobile Aviation Fuel Checklist (PDF)
- Appendix V – FS1463 Mobile Aviation Fuelling Site Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix VI – Invoice Information Table (Excel)
For information on how to provide aviation specialist services to the BC Wildfire Service see Contractors.
- Aviation Service Request for Qualification (PDF)
- Aviation Services Framework Agreement (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Appendix A1 - Air Carrier Data for Rotary Wing Services (PDF)
- Appendix A2 - Air Carrier Data for Fixed Wing Services (PDF)
- Appendix B1 - Mandatory Minimum Rotary Wing Aircraft and Equipment (PDF)
- Appendix B2 - Mandatory Minimum Fixed Wing Aircraft and Equipment (PDF)
- Appendix C1 - Mandatory Minimum Rotary Wing Pilot Qualifications (PDF)
- Appendix C2 - Mandatory Minimum Rotary Wing Pilot Qualifications (PDF)
- Appendix D - Ancillary Equipment (PDF)
- Appendix D1 - Certificate of Insurance (DOC)
- Appendix E1 - Rotary Wing Pilot Information (PDF)
- Appendix E2 - Fixed Wing Pilot Information (PDF)
- Appendix F1 - Rotary Wing Tariff Rates (PDF)
- Appendix F2 - Fixed Wing Tariff Rates (PDF)
- Appendix G - Access to Radio Systems (PDF)