Wildfire Contract Opportunities
The Province regularly calls on the services of contractors to support the delivery of cost effective and efficient wildfire management in British Columbia.
Contractors can register with the BC Wildfire Service through the Request for Standing Offer competitions (RSOs) that are regularly posted to BC Bid. Once contractors are accepted and issued a standing offer, draw downs will be issued for emergency work based on a nearest/best resource methodology. Other 'defined scope' contracts are awarded via competitive processes such as invitations to tender and invitations to quote.
For more information on how to offer your services to the BC Wildfire Service, please follow the links to the relevant area.
- 2020 BCWS Equipment Rates
- Notice to Contractors and Vendors - Essential Service Providers
BC Bid is the provincial government’s electronic sourcing solution where requests for proposal, invitations to quote, invitation to tender and other opportunities are listed. BC Bid is the British Columbia equivalent of Merx.ca.
The advanced search function of BC Bid can be used to find specific opportunities relating to the following:
- First aid services - Search “First Aid Services for the BC Wildfire Service”
- Fire Crew services - Search “Fire Crew Services”
- Danger Tree Services - Search “BCWS Danger Tree Faller”
- Catering Services - Search “Fire Camp Catering, Janitorial and Laundry Services”
- Faller Coordinator / Danger Tree Specialist Services - Search “Faller Coordinator and Danger Tree Specialist”
- Fire Suppression Specialist Services - Search “Specialist Contractors”
Note: To search for the details of competitions on BC Bid that are currently closed, select the “closed” radio button in the advanced search.