About the ESS Office
The Emergency Social Services Office (ESS) is part of Emergency Management BC (EMBC).
The ESS Office helps local authorities to develop emergency response plans and to deliver emergency social services during disasters.
The ESS Office supports local authorities by:
- Coordinating the ESS training program;
- Developing provincial policies and procedures;
- Providing guidelines, standards and best practices for local authorities to use and adapt;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with emergency social services support organizations;
- Processing invoices for lodging, food, clothing, and other expenses made during emergencies;
- Providing Provincial support during major disasters; and
- Negotiating Federal and Provincial help in a major disaster.
Contact the Emergency Social Services Office for more information.