Master of Disaster Youth Education
Master of Disaster is a free classroom program designed to help young people learn about emergency preparedness. The program teaches youth in grades 4 to 8 about hazards in BC—like floods, wildfires, earthquakes and tsunamis—and shows them how to get prepared, both personally and at home.
We’ve made it easy! Each classroom kit comes pre-packaged with printed resources, small gifts for each student and helpful instructions.
Each student will receive:
- A colourful Get Ready Guide (PDF, 9.7MB) for classroom instruction and activities
- A fill-in-the-blanks Home Emergency Plan (PDF, 1.44MB) to take home and complete with their household
- A flashlight and drawstring bag to help kick-start their personal preparedness
You’ll also receive:
- A Teaching Guide (PDF, 1.22MB) to explain curricular alignment and help you plan your lessons
- A Grab-and-Go Bag Poster Game to create some fun and to decorate your classroom