Partners in Preparedness
A majority of British Columbians say they're not prepared for an emergency. And when disaster strikes, there won't be time to collect supplies.
Being a Partners in Preparedness retailer makes it easier for people to get ready by reminding them of what goes in an emergency kit and giving shoppers an opportunity to purchase what they need.
When people see the "Get Good And Ready" signs online and in stores, they'll be reminded to purchase the supplies they need to start building an emergency kit.
Are you an interested company?
How it works.
- Partners in Preparedness is open to all BC retailers. It is voluntary and doesn't require a membership. The intent is for stores to participate in ways that suit them best, as long as they meet the criteria of promoting disaster readiness.
- Companies will be given a suite of customizable Partners in Preparedness graphics and media that can be used for the web, social media , flyers and in-store advertising. The package includes everything from shelf talkers and posters to Instagram images and 15-second video shorts that can be branded.
- The materials focus on five emergency risks: earthquakes, floods, wildfires, power outages and severe weather.
- Partners in Preparedness is flexible and can be stood up or down at any time. Some examples are: ahead of annual risk seasons, such as floods and wildfires; after emergency events, like a felt earthquake; and in connection with preparedness campaigns, like Emergency Preparedness Week and the Great British Columbia ShakeOut.
Why take part?
- We know that working together builds a more resilient province in the face of disaster. Joining Partners in Preparedness is a chance to show your customers you care and demonstrate your corporate social responsibility.
Sign up today.
- Want more information? Are you ready to join us? Simply fill out our online form and the PreparedBC team will be touch.