Partners in Preparedness: Retail Partnership Program
Partners in Preparedness is a retail and marketing program aimed at making it easy for British Columbians to build a household emergency kit.
If you’re an interested retailer, we’ll help you promote the sale of recommended emergency supplies (PDF, 2.2MB) so customers can leave your store one step closer to readiness.
Just display the Good and Ready signs online or at participating store locations. They’ll tell customers what to buy for their emergency kits and give them the immediate opportunity to do it. It’s that simple!
Why should my company participate?
We know that working together builds a more prepared and resilient province. Joining Partners in Preparedness is a chance to come together and show customers you care about them and the community.
How does my company sign up?
Fill out our online form and we’ll be in touch. Once you’re subscribed, we’ll add your company to our participants list.
How will my company promote emergency kit supplies?
- We’ll provide a digital suite of online and print marketing materials that can be used in-store, on the web and on social media. They can be customized to include your corporate logo
- The materials highlight five common hazards – earthquakes, floods, wildfires, power outages and severe weather – and list what you need to prepare for each
- Display the materials online or in-store, directing customers to what they should buy. You pick and chose what works best for your business
Sample print options:
When should my company promote the program?
Partners in Preparedness is flexible and can be stood up or down at any time. Some examples are:
- In the spring ahead of wildfire and flood seasons
- In the fall, ahead of storm season
- After emergency events, such as a felt earthquake
- In connection with preparedness campaigns, such as Emergency Preparedness Week (May) or the Great British Columbia ShakeOut earthquake drill (October)
Are there costs for taking part?
The online and print files for all Partners in Preparedness marketing materials are free! Costs for printing will be borne by participating companies.