First Nations Emergency Management Toolkit
The First Nations Toolkit (PDF, 2.29MB) is an Emergency Management BC resource and information package that has been developed to provide First Nations communities with resources and information about emergency management support available at the community level. This package is not intended to replace a community emergency plan; it is designed to support a community by presenting additional considerations during the response to an emergency incident.
If you have additional questions or concerns that are not addressed within this package, please feel free to reach out to your regional office for support. Contact information is located within the toolkit.
Please see below for standalone documents for each chapter within the First Nations Toolkit:
- Introduction (PDF, 465KB)
- First Nations Community FAQs (PDF, 160KB)
- Band Council Resolution (PDF, 158KB)
- Community Emergency and Evacuation Plan (PDF, 147KB)
- Disaster Financial Assistance (PDF, 0.97KMB)
- Family and Individual Flood Awareness (PDF, 256KB)
- Sandbagging Guidelines and Fire Retardants (PDF, 327KB)
- Re-entry and Recovery (PDF, 278KB)
- Emergency Support Services (PDF, 225KB)
- PreparedBC (PDF, 234KB)
Note: The information within this package is subject to change. Contact your regional office to verify information when referencing this document.