Wildland Urban Interface Fires
Wildfires can quickly spread from the forest to a community, becoming what's known as an interface fire. Help keep your family, property and home safe by preparing in advance and learning how to reduce the fire danger where you live. Visit PreparedBC to get prepared, learn how to FireSmart your property and check BC Wildfire Service for the most up-to-date information on wildfires in your area.
The BC Wildfire Service and Office of the Fire Commissioner are no longer accepting applications for the 2019 Wildfire Structure Protection Program.
Local Government Resources
- Letter to Fire Chiefs and Emergency Coordinators (2019) (PDF, 31.3KB)
- Structure Protection Program - Frequently Asked Questions (2019) (PDF. 222.5KB)
- Wildland Urban Interface - Fire Department Resources Form (2019) (DOCX, 222.7KB)
Procedures & Invoice Forms
- EMBC Interim Policy and Procedures Bulletin Fire Season 2019 (PDF, 101.2KB)
- Addendum to EMBC Interim Policy and Procedures Bulletin Fire Season 2019 (PDF, 106.7KB)
- Inter-Agency Operational Procedures and Reimbursement Rates 2019 (PDF, 1MB)