Fire Reporting Manuals & Forms
The Fire Reporting Manual provides information needed to meet fire reporting requirements under the Fire Services Act by providing:
- Guidance in entering required information on fire incidents
- Data codes for fire loss reporting
- Location codes for reporting within a jurisdiction
Download the current, full FIRES Reporting Manual (PDF, 3.4MB)
Forms, Locations & Codes
Electronic and printable forms are available, with accompanying instructions, to complete your report. We've also provided Location Code directories and a breakdown of the code structure with definitions.
- Fire Report - Additional Names Instructions (PDF)
- Fire Report - Casualty Instructions (PDF)
- Fire Report - Product/Equipment Instructions (PDF)
- Outdoor Fire Report Instructions (PDF)
- Person Fire Report Instructions (PDF)
- Structure Fire Report Instructions (PDF)
- Vehicle Fire Report Instructions (PDF)
- Fire Report - Additional Names (PDF)
- Structure Fire Report (PDF)
- Youth Firesetter Report (PDF) - to be completed by Fire Department
Codes are listed alphabetically by their definition. Click the links for more detail on each code.
Insurance companies must report every fire in which they are insurers. Reports may be filed directly to the Office of the Fire Commissioner or through an adjuster. There is no minimum dollar value below which fires do not need to be reported.