Emergency management resources for farmers and ranchers
For information about:
- Emergency management information, including evacuation alerts and orders, check with your community or regional district or visit Emergency Info BC
- Current wildfires, provincial danger ratings and forest restrictions, visit the BC Wildfire Service
- Flood warnings visit the River forecast centre
Develop your own emergency response plans in advance of an emergency. Make sure you have the contact information for your local government or band council as part of your plan. They will be your point-of-contact for emergency response information and support. Agriculture-specific emergency management guides are available to help you through the process.
- Wildfire preparedness information for agricultural producers
- Flooding preparedness information for agricultural producers
Commercial livestock relocation
Learn more about provincial supports available for commercial livestock relocation, like how to plan for livestock relocation and request support if and when you need it.
Premises identification program
The premises identification program helps owners of farms, zoos, and other agricultural facilities register and track their animals by linking them to specific geographic locations. This free service is helpful to prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters.
Pets and non-commercial farm animals
Find out how to include pets in your emergency plan (PDF, 112KB).
For help with non-commercial animals, including hobby farms, visit the Canadian Disaster Animal Response Team (CDART) website.