Evacuee recovery resources
Information and resources for people currently impacted by the floods and mudslides.
Phone the call centre if you have questions or need help 1-833-376-2452.
After evacuation, those impacted may find the following programs and services helpful.
On this page:
- Individual and family resources
- Mental health resources
- Business and agriculture programs
- Indirect business support
- Related programs
- Visit a Red Cross Support Center or call 1-800-863-6582 (Monday to Friday from 8AM to 4PM PT) to make an appointment
- Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) can provide answers to individuals and businesses with insurance questions and concerns by calling 1 844 2-ASK-IBC (1-844-227-5422) Monday to Friday from 7AM to 4PM PST
- Ministry of Children and Family Development at 1-877-387-7027 to access services for children, families and caregivers, including child and youth mental health services
These mental health and wellness services provide short-term emotional support to callers and match people with professional help available locally or elsewhere in the province.
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention - BC Crisis Centres
- BC Crisis Line: 310-6789 (no area code)
- 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433
- KUU-US Crisis Line – Aboriginal crisis line (1-800-588-8717)
- Stay safe and healthy in an emergency
- Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868)
Virtual mental health supports
Virtual services (such as crisis lines) are available for those experiencing anxiety, depression or other mental health challenges. Or search the mental health and substance use supports digital hub for more information.
- Agri-Business Planning Program provides support for disaster recovery planning to help implement an immediate and long-term disaster recovery plan. The program will provide access to basic financial analysis, specialized business planning and coaching services.
- Community futures provides on-the-ground supports for businesses. Businesses having a difficult time managing cash flow, planning for the future, selling their business, or seeking other supports are encouraged to contact their local office to learn about the range of supports available.
- Northern Development Initiatives Trust
- The Strategic Initiatives Fund will fund up to $900,000 for broadly-focused strategic initiatives from communities.
- The Northern Industries Innovations Fund can be accessed by any resource-based company to help fund applied research, proof of concept and other steps involved in innovation development processes.
Support for Groundwater Licence Applications
If you require assistance to submit a groundwater licence application by March 1, 2022, one-on-one support is available.