Authorized Contacts are responsible for facilitating the criminal record check process for the organization they represent. The Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) will grant authorization to one to two contact persons. Both Authorized Contacts will share the responsibilities listed below; however, the Primary Authorized Contact will be the main point of contact for the CRRP.
Authorized Contacts are the only individuals permitted to request status updates for criminal record checks they have submitted; change information on their organization's account profile; and replace or update Authorized Contacts.
An Authorized Contact is responsible for:
- Ensuring an applicant’s consent form accurately reflects the requested information
- Signing the applicable cover page of a consent form, confirming that the applicant’s identification has been verified
- Submitting a consent package on behalf of the applicant(s)
- Retaining the original consent form for 5 years, and
- Completing the Organization Account Information Update process if the contact information on the account changes or a new Authorized Contact is required