Petrinex B.C. Inclusion Project
B.C. joined Petrinex to improve how information about the oil and natural gas industry is reported and managed. The system launched in B.C. on November 5, 2018.
What is Petrinex?
Petrinex is a joint strategic organization supporting Canada's upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industry. This organization accurately and efficiently reports, manages and exchanges up-to-date volumetric, royalty and commercial information with government and members of industry. Petrinex is currently in use in Alberta, Saskatchewan and B.C.
Petrinex replaced B.C.’s previous reporting system and is now the venue platform for industry to report its oil and natural gas related activities. Other areas to be handled within Petrinex include, but are not limited to:
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) or Sulphur valuation
- Gas cost allowance, gas, NGL and net profit
- Producer cost of service (PCOS)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) volumetric reporting
Benefits of the Petrinex system include:
- Standardized reporting processes
- More complete and accurate reporting with fewer errors, re-work and penalties
- Industry and government view the same data
- Enhanced transparency of information and business processes
All industry operators that hold licences or permits in B.C. need to register for access to the Petrinex system. If you are an operator and have not yet registered using the Business Associate (BA) Data Collection form, please email the BC Oil & Gas Commission at BAUPDATE@bcogc.ca.
Petrinex B.C. Change Leader Program
Your Change Leader is the primary point of contact with Petrinex and your company. Change Leaders pass on information from Petrinex to the appropriate parties in your company and ensure the information is understood.
Update Your Contacts
For companies in B.C., Alberta or Saskatchewan needing to register a Change Leader, or if you want your Change Leader to be the primary Petrinex contact for B.C., you may register by contacting the Calgary Petrinex Business Desk at:
- 403 297-6111
- 1 800 992-1144 (toll free outside of Calgary)
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When registering, include the following information for your Petrinex contact:
- phone number
- email address
Change Leader Meeting Presentations
Review the Change Leader Meetings presentations to stay informed. Presentations include a B.C. update.