B.C. is joining Petrinex to improve how information about the oil and natural gas industry is reported and managed. The system is expected to be in place in B.C. by November 2018.
What is Petrinex?
Petrinex is a joint strategic organization supporting Canada's upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industry. This organization accurately and efficiently reports, manages and exchanges up-to-date volumetric, royalty and commercial information with government and members of industry. Petrinex is currently in use in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Petrinex will replace B.C.’s current reporting system and become the venue platform for industry to report its oil and natural gas related activities. Other areas to be handled within Petrinex include, but are not limited to:
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)/Sulphur valuation
- B.C. Allowable Costs for oil, gas, NGL, net profit and coal bed methane
- Producer cost of service (PCOS)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) volumetric reporting
Benefits of the Petrinex system include:
- Standardized reporting processes
- More complete and accurate reporting with fewer errors, re-work and penalties
- Industry and government view the same data
- Enhanced transparency of information and business processes
Petrinex BC Change Leader Program
The Petrinex BC Change Leader Program is a key component of the industry readiness strategy for this project. Companies were asked to register a Change Leader to be the primary point of contact with Petrinex BC and take the lead in ensuring their company is informed and ready for the upcoming changes in reporting. Your Change Leader will receive all important information related to new business processes and reporting requirement changes, and will be invited to attend Change Leader meetings.
Update your contacts
For companies in British Columbia, Alberta or Saskatchewan needing to register a Change Leader, or if you want your Change Leader to be the primary Petrinex contact for BC, you may register by contacting the Calgary Petrinex Service Desk at:
- 1-800-992-1144 (toll free outside of Calgary)
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
When registering, include the following information for your Petrinex contact:
- phone number
- email address
Change Leader Meeting Presentations
Review the Change Leader Meetings presentations to stay informed, presentations include a BC update.