Family Law Act Questions and Answers
Family Law Act: Questions and Answers (PDF) provides answers to common questions about the Family Law Act including:
- Why change the family law legislation?
- I am already involved in a court case. Does the new act change anything for me?
- I am in a common-law relationship. What does the new Family Law Act mean for me?
- Why promote out-of-court dispute resolution for families?
- Will the Family Law Act change child support amounts?
- Is property division different under the new Family Law Act than under the Family Relations Act?
- What does the new law do to address family violence?
Visit Family Justice for more information.