Legal Representation

The Legal Services Society funds family advice lawyers located at the Justice Access Centres and duty counsel located at the courthouses. Legal Services Society will pay for a lawyer to represent you in court if your legal problem is covered by the legal aid rules and you meet the financial guidelines. To apply for legal aid, see How to apply for legal aid on the Legal Services Society website. If you don't qualify for legal aid or your issue is not covered, we will do our best to clarify your problem and refer you to other community services.