NRPP Business Case
The following documents provide background on the creation of the Natural Resource Permitting Project.
An IM/IT Investment Business Case was prepared in 2013 for the Integrated Decision Making (IDM) initiative. The 200+ page document was submitted to and endorsed by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and Deputy Minsters Council on Transformation and Technology (DMCTT). Funding for Phase 1 of the initiative was secured in the spring of 2014. At that time, the name of the initiative was changed to the Natural Resource Permitting Project (NRPP).
This document summarizes and presents the key information that was included in the original IDM business case:
The document is broken down into sections below to make this important background information more accessible. The original business case sections pertaining to government approval processes, sensitive financial information, and options analysis that are no longer relevant have been removed. All files are in PDF format.
- Cover Page and Table of Contents (PDF 628 KB)
- Initiative History and Document Purpose (PDF 233 KB)
- Section 1: Executive Summary (PDF 2 MB)
- Section 2: Investment Context (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Section 3: Transformation Evaluation (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Section 4: Risk Analysis (PDF 604 KB)
- Section 5: Financial Benefits and Lifecycle Costs (PDF 1.9 MB)
- Section 6: Governance and Investment Roadmap (PDF 2 MB)
- Section 7: Program Level Business Cases (PDF 3 KB)