Major Mine Projects
British Columbia is a national leader in mining and mineral production. B.C. has vast deposits of copper, molybdenum, gold, silver, lead, zinc and more than 30 industrial minerals.
The large concentration of exploration companies and geoscience professionals is reflected in the number of major mine projects across the province. Almost one-quarter of all major projects are related to mines and mineral exploration. Currently, projects include building new mines, decommissioning old ones and expanding existing ones.
Policies and legislation ensure that the economic and social benefits of mining are maximized in a sustainable way so communities can prosper for the long term.
Guides and templates: Information project proponents can use to help with the authorization process for constructing and operating a mine in B.C.
- Proponent Guide to Coordinated Authorizations for Major Mine Projects (PDF)
- Project Description Template (DOC)
- Recommendations Report - Major Mine From EAA Process (DOC)
- Recommendations Report - Expansion, Extension or Restart (DOC)
- Mine Development Review Committee (MDRC) Terms of Reference (DOC)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Government Ministries (PDF)