How to Apply
- Review the Community and Institutional Land Use Policy (PDF)
- Contact FrontCounter BC to confirm your general eligibility or if your application requires a sponsor ministry.
- Submit the items required from the Application Requirements Checklist (PDF)
- Respond to requests for additional information that may be required during the decision-making process. Timely responses will allow the process to advance.
- If the application required sponsorship as determined by FrontCounter BC, FrontCounter BC will forward a Request for Sponsorship letter to the sponsoring agency on your behalf. Once you receive a letter of support from the sponsoring ministry, proceed to Step 4b.
- If you do not obtain ministry sponsorship, you may want to consider applying for a standard tenure at market rent.
Sponsorship not required
- If the application did not require sponsorship, and the application is approved the applicant will receive a letter of offer.
- Written acceptance of the offer is required; and upon receipt by the Authorizing Agency, a NRT for the approved specified purpose will be issued to the client organization.
- If the application is approved (a Cabinet decision for all NRTs requiring ministry sponsorship), the Authorizing Agency and sponsor ministry will notify you and provide a letter of offer.
- Written acceptance of the offer is required; and upon receipt a NRT for the approved specified purpose will be issued to your organization.
- The sponsor ministry and Authorizing Agency may want to coordinate any public announcements with your organization.
- If the Authorizing Agency and Sponsoring Ministry determined that the Applicant required a SCG, the Sponsoring Ministry works with the Authorizing Agency to determine the Fair Market Value of the potential Crown Grant and any associated book costs incurred by the Province.
- If the SCG application is approved by Cabinet the Authorizing Agency and the Sponsoring Ministry will notify the applicant of status.
- The Authorizing Agency submits a Crown Grant requisition to the Crown Grant Unit who issues a CG and sends to LTSA.
- LTSA creates title and issues to Applicant, notifies CG Unit and Authorizing Agency, Sponsoring Ministry, etc.
- The Sponsoring Ministry and the Authorizing Agency may want to coordinate any public announcements with the client organization.