Over 450 assessment reports have digital data that has been submitted with the report. These have been compiled and made available for download as .zip files.
The British Columbia Geological Survey encourages and welcomes the submission of assessment report digital data. Data can be submitted when a report is filed or e-mailed to ARIS.email@example.com.
Digital data records have been categorized into seven general types. Expand for common work types and file formats.
Magnetic, Electromagnetic, Versatile Time Domain Electromagnetic, Radiometric Surveys
- .dat .grd .gi .map .gdb .kml .kmz .xyz .jpg .pdf .png .dxf .msh .sus .ers .bdx .bin (some files quite large in size)
Induced Polarization, Magnetic, 3-Dimensional Induced Polarization, Very Low Frequency Electromagnetic Surveys
- .txt .gdb .csv .arw .srf .xyz .tif .tfw .vtx .pvs .con .res .chg .pre .out .inp .inv .egh .ehf .gdd .gi .png .xml .shapefiles
Assay certificates, geochemical compilations, metallurgical results
- .xls .xlsx .csv
Core logs, geotechnical/RQD logs, selected analytical results, collar locations, drill hole parameters, downhole surveys
- .xls .xlsx
Orthophotos, LiDAR, Digital Elevation Models, ASTER
- .tif .tfw .jpg .ecw .dwg .dbf .pdf .shapefiles (some files quite large in size)
Structural measurements, GIS files of ground mapping
- .xls .xlsx MapInfo Files (.dat .id .map .tab .ind), Shapefiles (.shp .shx .prj .sbn .sbx .dbf)
Base mapping collections, map files, sample/drillhole locations and parameters
- MapInfo Files (.dat .id .map .tab .ind), Shapefiles (.shp .shx .prj .sbn .sbx .dbf)
Digital data associated with some assessment reports are too large to be made available for web download. If you would like to obtain a copy of these data, please contact the BC Geological Survey. Such reports include: 27965, 28172, 28173, 33601, 33522, 33804, 34058, 36079, 36085, 36306. Additional data is also available for reports 33634 and 34372 where a portion of the data is too large for web download.
The BC Geological Survey provides ARIS digital data for mineral Assessment Reports on an 'as-is' basis in the format and entirety as submitted to government by industry. The Survey is not responsible for the completeness, quality, accuracy, or reliability of the data. Please note that specialized software may be required to open and view the digital data.