Conclusion of Managing for Biodiversity in Commercial Thinning (module 4, p. 3)
There are four parts to the module closure—recall, transfer of learning, reflections, and a celebration.
In this module, there are two parts to recall—answering the set of questions listed at the beginning of the module, and summarizing the module.
A. The following questions were listed at the beginning of this module. Now that you have completed the module, (and without looking back) re-answer them. Are your answers more complete, now?
- Are you now familiar with managing for biodiversity in commercial thinning?
- If not, what do you have to do so that you are?
- Where else can you go to find more information?
- What does the term commercial thinning mean?
- What do you know about commercial thinning?
- What do you know about commercial thinning in regard to managing biodiversity?
- Briefly, discuss managing for biodiversity in commercial thinning.
Use a mind map to summarize this module.
Transfer of Learning
- Think of ways you can adapt/modify any of the ideas from this module to your professional life.
- Where can you go to find more information about commercial thinning as it is related to managing biodiversity?
- In what ways is managing for biodiversity in commercial thinning and a springboard alike?
- In what ways is managing for biodiversity in commercial thinning and a springboard not alike?