Timber Tenure Transfers

Licensees who hold timber tenures can transfer them to another party, with notice. Certain proposed larger licence transfers will be reviewed to assess the impact on competition in the standing timber, log, or chip markets. If it’s determined that these markets would be unduly restricted, we may not allow the transfer to proceed.

Agreement Procedures

The Woodlot Licence or Christmas Tree Permit Transfer Guide was developed by staff in the South Area natural resource region (Cariboo, Thompson-Okanagan and Kootenay-Boundary natural resource districts) and contains contact information specific to that region. Contact the applicable natural resource district or region for further information.

Templates for Notices of Intended Disposition

Templates for Notices of Completion