Cutting Permit & Road Tenure Administration

A cutting permit issued in accordance with the Forest Act is the cutting authority that allows harvesting on a specific area, in accordance with rights and obligations under an agreement.

A road tenure (includes road permits, and road use permits) provides a holder of an agreement with authority to use and maintain a road on Crown land for industrial purposes. Road Permits provide the holder with the authority to construct, use and maintain a road as well as the cutting authority to cut, or cut and remove Crown timber if required. A road use permit provides the holder to use and maintain Forest Service Roads. All industrial use requires authority to use and maintain access on Crown land.

Cutting Permit & Road Tenure Policy