Applying for a Part 3 Agreement
- 2020 Part 3 Agreement Request for Proposals (PDF, 359KB) (for reference only - 2020 RFP is now closed)
- 2020 Part 3 Agreement Proposal Cover Letter (DOCX, 41KB) (for reference only - 2020 RFP is now closed)
The 2020 Part 3 Agreement program was completed on December 31, 2020, and successful proponents are now implementing their proposed projects. The request for proposals was open to Part 3 Fuel Suppliers under the Greenhouse Gas Reduction (Renewable and Low Carbon Fuel Requirements) Act.
Project categories supported under Part 3 Agreements include:
- Infrastructure for the production of conventional gasoline and diesel from co-processed renewable content;
- Development of “second generation” biocrude feedstocks for use in co-processing;
- Infrastructure for the production of low carbon fuel, particularly renewable gasoline and/or diesel (including HDRD);
- Research and development to support the production of renewable gasoline and/or diesel;
- Retail deployment of higher biofuel blends, including E15, E85, B20, and R100 (100% HDRD);
- Low carbon fuel blending and storage infrastructure;
- Scrappage of internal combustion engine vehicles, associated with zero emission vehicle purchase incentives;
- Deployment of non-residential electric vehicle charging infrastructure;
- Infrastructure for the production of low carbon intensity hydrogen for use in fuel cell vehicles; and
- Deployment of hydrogen fueling infrastructure.