Community Energy Leadership Program
The Community Energy Leadership Program (CELP) was established in 2015 to support local government and First Nations investments in energy efficiency and clean energy projects.
The Community Energy Leadership Program is part of the Province’s CleanBC plan to help us all use more clean and renewable energy in how we get around, heat our homes, and fuel our industry — setting us on the path to a cleaner, brighter future.
Program Goals & Benefits
The main goals of the program are to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase energy efficiency
- Stimulate economic activity in the clean energy sector
- Support vibrant and resilient communities
CELP funding supports, encourages, and promotes:
- New community energy partnerships, encouraging investments in small-scale, community-owned energy generation from sources such as biomass, biogas, geothermal heat, hydro, solar, ocean or wind power to offset community energy use
- Energy efficiency through retrofits of community-owned buildings and related infrastructure
- Community projects and industry partnerships that advance this growing sector of the provincial economy
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||2018 Special Round||Round 4|