2018 British Columbia Codes - Public Review of Proposed Changes
December 12, 2017 - February 28, 2018
Description: The Province invites code users and other stakeholders to participate in a public review to provide feedback on proposed changes for the next edition of the BC Codes.
- Proposed changes: please select the topics that interest you from the list below. These documents are also available within the online survey.
- Online survey: click here. You can choose which parts of the survey you complete and respond to questions in stages over time. Your answers will be saved until you submit your final feedback.
BC Building Code
- Accessibility - coming early in 2018.
- Area Calculation of Exposing Building Face (PDF)
- Asbestos (PDF)
- Energy Efficiency Standards (PDF)
- Exit Signs (PDF)
- Factory-Constructed Buildings (PDF)
- Fenestration (PDF)
- Heritage Buildings (PDF)
- Mid-Rise Combustible Construction (PDF)
- Outdoor Design Conditions and Air Cleaning (PDF)
- Radon (PDF)
- Stairs - Dimensions of Tapered Treads (PDF)
- Stairs - Handrails in Curved Stairs (PDF)
- Stairs - No Spiral Stairs (PDF)
Doors, Windows and Skylights Public Review
June 4 – 25, 2015 | Review Now Closed
Description: The 2012 BC Building Code introduced new requirements for manufactured and pre-assembled fenestration products - meaning doors, windows and skylights. In consultation with the fenestration industry and local governments, the Province proposed changes due to some key implementation issues. The consultation asked for feedback on the proposed changes.
Summary of Results: Revision #8 made to the 2012 BC Building Code effective December 11, 2015
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: December 12, 2017.