B.C. Building Code Forms & Resources
Resources to support those using the BC Building Code and other provincial building regulations.
- Building Code Appeal Board Application Form (PDF)
- Letters of Assurance Schedules A, B, C-A and C-B
- Application to Request a Local Authority Variation (WORD)
- Supplemental Joint Application Co-applicant Contact Page (PDF)
- Supplemental Joint Application Authorization Page (PDF)
- Addendum to Application to Request a Local Authority Variation (WORD)
Technical information to explain or clarify specific code topics.
Information to explain or clarify other topics.
The BC Building Code Interpretation Committee is a volunteer committee that provides uniform, province-wide, non-binding interpretations for the BC Building Code and the BC Plumbing Code. To submit an interpretation request, read past interpretations, or learn more about the committee please visit their website.
- BC Energy Step Code: Guides, training videos and other materials to help Energy Step Code users
- Building Access Handbook (PDF, 3.6MB): An illustrated guide of accessibility requirements for people with disabilities
- Building Act Guide: Explains the new Building Act and the changes it brings to B.C.'s building regulatory system
- Earthquake Safety and the BC Building Code (PDF): An overview of how building design and construction is regulated for earthquake safety
- Energy Efficiency Illustrated Guides: Information on how to comply with the new requirements in Section 9.36 of the 2012 Code
- Float Home Standard (PDF): Regulates the design and construction of float homes
- History of British Columbia Building Regulations: Updated 2015 version
- Letters of Assurance Guide and Schedules: Learn about the documents used to identify responsibilities of key individuals in Part 3 and Part 9 building projects
- Seismic Design of Houses - Illustrated Guide (external link): Helps house designers and builders understand and comply with the new requirements meant to help bring a higher level of safety in the event of an earthquake or other significant seismic activity
- Solar Hot Water Ready Regulation Guide (PDF): Information on the installation of rough-ins for solar domestic hot water systems
- Reports from previous building code and related project
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: June 18, 2018.